I would have loved

Restoring

I would have loved to see you how proud you are now,
As I have accomplished what you started.
I would have been proud to catch you watching me standing
On the bayside, not giving up on the legacy you left.

For I am living it, dear, now I'm leaving it
As I focused more on the past, and getting stuck
In tales where I should only achieve one thing and
Was stuck into that moment in time, committed to be a past tense of I self.

I thought that I had to keep on forging the masks
That I changed everyday, every time with everyone.
Till you sent this apparent misfortune that brought the
Best out of me.

Cranking up the music that found its source deep in my soul,
Rolling with friends that welcomed me in the truest version of myself
I finally found how to open my suitcase and let go of what the Universe
Designed for me, being alone yet being in the togetherness

In all that is,
Restored in my faith, back to the basics plus
The new fragments of my spirit being united to my body,
Knowing that you would have loved to see me now.

Getting down, but still seeking for growth.

I would have loved to see how proud you are now.

Comments

Popular Posts